Cream Of Watercress With Grilled Shrimp
Soup Group: Cream-Based
Competing Against: New England Clam Chowder
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Potatoes-peeled,cooked,shredded - 3 cup(s)
- Chicken stock - 4 cup(s)
- Watercress - 2 cup(s)
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup(s)
- Large grilled shrimp - 2 cup(s)
- Fresh black pepper - 1/2 tsp
1. Pour potatoes,watercress and 1 cup stock in blender and puree until smooth.
2. In a 2 qt. pot, transfer watercress mix, add rest of stock, cream, mix, refrigerate or freeze 20 min
3. Divide soup in 4 soup bowls, fresh ground pepper top with shrimp.
4. Serve soup at room temperature.
I love this soup. It's easy, elegant, you can make it for a fancy dinner or a weeknight main course with a salad and crusty bread.
Watercress is not always available, but it's worth the wait for its distinctive bite and unique flavor.
Posted February 15th, 20135